Creamy Potato Salad with Blue Cheese, Bacon and Rosemary
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 ½ lbs. red potatoes, cooked, cooled, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup crumbled bacon (cooked until very crisp)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (or chopped tomato), for garnish
Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper and rosemary in a small bowl until fully blended. Dressing should be slightly saltier than your usual preference to compensate for the plain potatoes.
Gently mix together the potatoes, celery, parsley, scallions, blue cheese and bacon, taking care not to crush the potatoes. Add the mayonnaise mixture and carefully fold it into the potatoes, etc. until all ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
Salad can be served immediately or refrigerated for a few hours until needed. If made a day or two ahead of time, leave bacon out and stir in at the last minute.
Garnish salad with tomatoes and serve. Makes 6 to 8 servings.