Warm Herbed Artichoke-Olive Dip
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest, finely grated or chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans plain green ripe olives, drained, coarsely chopped (Lindsay brand sells these)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon thyme, finely chopped (optional)
- 24-36 pieces of sliced fresh French bread or sturdy crackers to serve with dip
Blend dip ingredients:
Using electric mixer, beat first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Next, use a large rubber spatula to gently fold in artichokes, olives, mozzarella cheese, capers, green onions, parsley and lemon thyme. Transfer to 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. (Can be made 1 to 4 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake dip until bubbling and brown on top, about 20 minutes. Serve hot dip with crackers. Makes enough for 12 people to have 2 to 3 crackers with dip each.
Note: This recipe will take longer to become fully heated if it is cold from the refrigerator. Also, it can be difficult to scoop with anything but the sturdiest of crackers. A serving spoon in the dip at time of service is a good idea.
Pair with Schug Sonoma Coast Chardonnay.