Chef Kristine’s Cookbook
Smoked Salmon and Roasted Bell Pepper 'Tartare'
Enjoy with Rouge de Noirs or Chardonnay
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 lb. smoked salmon gravlax style, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely minced
- 1 tsp. thyme fresh, minced
- 1 tsp. rosemary fresh, minced
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. chives very finely chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 20 homemade toast points
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- Place the two red peppers on a sheet pan covered with foil. Place peppers in an oven and broil, turning regularly, until skin is charred on all sides. Wrap the peppers in the foil and set them aside until cool enough to handle (approx. 20 minutes). Peel the charred skin, then remove the stems and seeds. Finely dice the peppers and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients except for the Parmesan. Stir well, and correct seasoning.
- Carefully top each toast point with a generous amount of “tartare”. Sprinkle each one with a little Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Extra tartare can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator another day or two. Makes 20 hors d’oeuvres, 2 each for 10 guests.